Welcome to our very first newsletter.
- We have some great news for you, Salsa Mississippi has a new website!! Isn’t that exciting?! Please visit us at www.salsamississippi.com for a complete list of class schedules, events and more!
- We are happy to inform you that Salsa Mississippi Dance Team is off to a good start. We’ve been focusing a lot on technique and timing. We’re working hard through our syllabus of footwork to give us a good foundation for dancing to Mambo music. If you are interested, please contact us No Experience necessary!
Here’s what we have been busy with in the last six months.
- Salsa Mississippi members can’t resist a good road trip to strengthen our moves and connections with our neighboring states. Over the last 6 months we have traveled twice to Huntsville, AL, and twice to Atlanta, GA! And guess what! We even saw El Gran Combo in concert in New Orleans!
- Mambo On2 with Frederick Cheung on May 9 added a new element to our dancing repertoire. That was great, Fred! Mambo On2 is often danced to Mambo Dura. It gets its name from the break/direction change in the basic step that occurs on count 2. It was made popular by Eddie Torres and others in the 1980s in New York.
Here’s what we have for you in the month of June 2015:
- “Fondren After 5” – Thursday, June 4, 2015. Come dance with us at Salsa Mississippi Club and Studio from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Summer’s here and the best way to celebrate it is to learn a new, fun, dance form! Have you ever given Salsa or Mambo a thought? If you have, we’d be more than happy to help!
- Enrollment begins for Dance Team for June. Please contact us
if you would like to join the team. No experience necessary.
From all of us at Salsa Mississippi