PLEASE NOTE THE FLYER IS INCORRECT, TIME IS 2-5PM
Location: Salsa Mississippi
Time: Saturday July 11th, 2-5PM
Price: $45 for 3 Classes, $20 for 1 Class
SALSA MISSISSIPPI – ITS THE PLACE TO BE!
- Our Dance team has just finished our 2nd month of practice of our first season and we’re going to get started with our choreography, it’s not too late to join if you’re still interested.
- We have a fun filled weekend planned on July 11th and 12th with a guest instructor!
Here’s what we have been busy with in the past month.
- Dance Team: We’ve covered most of our curriculum of footwork and we’re starting to get a little more into partner work, it’s not enough to know the pattern, our main focus now is on drilling until it become second nature so you can use your moves on Saturdays
- Why not stop by to watch us at our practices on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, 8-10pm. If what you see interests you please join our dance team!
- Dance Team Scholarships: For those interested but not able to afford the monthly membership fee of our dance team, the studio has partial scholarship opportunities for committed team members. Please send us an e-mail and we can work something out!
Here’s what we have for you in the month of July 2015:
- Carlos Colón Workshop: July 11th, a guest instructor from Atlanta is with us. He’ll do a workshop on On2Salsa and Bahata!
- BBQ with Carlos: on July 12! A casual get together on Sunday, July 12th from 1-4:00pm. The BBQ will be in the Salsa Mississippi Studio Parking lot. We’ll bring the main course, please bring your own sides to share!
Want to know a little more about Carlos Colón?
Carlos learned to dance in El Paso, Texas where he studied music as an Alto Saxophone Music Performance major. He’s been dancing for 10 years and is now based in Huntsville, Alabama. He is an instructor in Edie the Salsa Freak’s Black Belt Salsa system and performs with Clave y Tumbao, a Los Angeles based dance company. Its directed by Javier Campines and Erica Reyna.
For more interesting stuff on Carlos, please click on the link below:
Rhino Charity – Saturday, July 11 – 6:30pm to 10pm.
- Salsa Mississippi is supporting the Rhino Charity with The Jackson Chapter of The American Association of Zoo Keepers is hosting a Pub Crawl event in the Fondren area.
- During the event guests will ride the Fondren Express Trolley and get to visit Fondren Public, Sal & Mookie’s, The Pig & Pint, and Fenian’s Pub. They will also receive special drink deals! All guests will be wearing special event t-shirts.
- Salsa Mississippi will provide the dance floor outside The Pig & Pint for your dancing comfort.
Hoping to see you soon!
Have a great July!
From all of us at Salsa Mississippi
Salsa Mississippi Dance Team is in full swing at the studio.
Dance Team Introduction Letter
The team is taught in the style of Salsa On2 also known as Mambo. The major difference is that we dance to the percussion as opposed to the melody of the music. In addition to understanding music we are focusing a lot on building up technique on footwork and partner work to give a good foundation to our dancers to improve in the future.
Team Practices are every Tue/Wed from 8-10pm, please see our Calendar for a full list of events
Cost for a drop in to the practice session is $20.
Recommended footwear: some type of shoe with a non-tread sole, jazz shoes and dancing heels with sueded bottoms are preferred
If you would like to know more about joining the team, for more information, please contact us. No experience is necessary!
This week Igor will be beginning a lectures series on Latin rhythms. This is a great way for you to understand the music we dance to and will help your understanding of musicality. After all, dancing is just walking to a beat! Please come out and support!
Please click here for the Facebook Event. The cost is $90 for a 5 week series