PLEASE NOTE THE FLYER IS INCORRECT, TIME IS 2-5PM
Location: Salsa Mississippi
Time: Saturday July 11th, 2-5PM
Price: $45 for 3 Classes, $20 for 1 Class
SALSA MISSISSIPPI – ITS THE PLACE TO BE!
- Our Dance team has just finished our 2nd month of practice of our first season and we’re going to get started with our choreography, it’s not too late to join if you’re still interested.
- We have a fun filled weekend planned on July 11th and 12th with a guest instructor!
Here’s what we have been busy with in the past month.
- Dance Team: We’ve covered most of our curriculum of footwork and we’re starting to get a little more into partner work, it’s not enough to know the pattern, our main focus now is on drilling until it become second nature so you can use your moves on Saturdays
- Why not stop by to watch us at our practices on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, 8-10pm. If what you see interests you please join our dance team!
- Dance Team Scholarships: For those interested but not able to afford the monthly membership fee of our dance team, the studio has partial scholarship opportunities for committed team members. Please send us an e-mail and we can work something out!
Here’s what we have for you in the month of July 2015:
- Carlos Colón Workshop: July 11th, a guest instructor from Atlanta is with us. He’ll do a workshop on On2Salsa and Bahata!
- BBQ with Carlos: on July 12! A casual get together on Sunday, July 12th from 1-4:00pm. The BBQ will be in the Salsa Mississippi Studio Parking lot. We’ll bring the main course, please bring your own sides to share!
Want to know a little more about Carlos Colón?
Carlos learned to dance in El Paso, Texas where he studied music as an Alto Saxophone Music Performance major. He’s been dancing for 10 years and is now based in Huntsville, Alabama. He is an instructor in Edie the Salsa Freak’s Black Belt Salsa system and performs with Clave y Tumbao, a Los Angeles based dance company. Its directed by Javier Campines and Erica Reyna.
For more interesting stuff on Carlos, please click on the link below:
Rhino Charity – Saturday, July 11 – 6:30pm to 10pm.
- Salsa Mississippi is supporting the Rhino Charity with The Jackson Chapter of The American Association of Zoo Keepers is hosting a Pub Crawl event in the Fondren area.
- During the event guests will ride the Fondren Express Trolley and get to visit Fondren Public, Sal & Mookie’s, The Pig & Pint, and Fenian’s Pub. They will also receive special drink deals! All guests will be wearing special event t-shirts.
- Salsa Mississippi will provide the dance floor outside The Pig & Pint for your dancing comfort.
Hoping to see you soon!
Have a great July!
From all of us at Salsa Mississippi
This Saturday learn the basic techniques of self defense, boxing, and kickboxing with Boxers Rebellion.
Welcome to our very first newsletter.
- We have some great news for you, Salsa Mississippi has a new website!! Isn’t that exciting?! Please visit us at www.salsamississippi.com for a complete list of class schedules, events and more!
- We are happy to inform you that Salsa Mississippi Dance Team is off to a good start. We’ve been focusing a lot on technique and timing. We’re working hard through our syllabus of footwork to give us a good foundation for dancing to Mambo music. If you are interested, please contact us No Experience necessary!
Here’s what we have been busy with in the last six months.
- Salsa Mississippi members can’t resist a good road trip to strengthen our moves and connections with our neighboring states. Over the last 6 months we have traveled twice to Huntsville, AL, and twice to Atlanta, GA! And guess what! We even saw El Gran Combo in concert in New Orleans!
- Mambo On2 with Frederick Cheung on May 9 added a new element to our dancing repertoire. That was great, Fred! Mambo On2 is often danced to Mambo Dura. It gets its name from the break/direction change in the basic step that occurs on count 2. It was made popular by Eddie Torres and others in the 1980s in New York.
Here’s what we have for you in the month of June 2015:
- “Fondren After 5” – Thursday, June 4, 2015. Come dance with us at Salsa Mississippi Club and Studio from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Summer’s here and the best way to celebrate it is to learn a new, fun, dance form! Have you ever given Salsa or Mambo a thought? If you have, we’d be more than happy to help!
- Enrollment begins for Dance Team for June. Please contact us
if you would like to join the team. No experience necessary.
Looking forward to seeing you at a Saturday Party or one of our classes
From all of us at Salsa Mississippi
This week Igor will be beginning a lectures series on Latin rhythms. This is a great way for you to understand the music we dance to and will help your understanding of musicality. After all, dancing is just walking to a beat! Please come out and support!
Please click here for the Facebook Event. The cost is $90 for a 5 week series